Join the Silver State Claybreakers
Join today! This program is designed to introduce athletes and their families to the sport of Clay Target shooting. Emphasis is on Gun Safety, Sportsmanship, Discipline, Integrity, Responsibility and building self-confidence. Our coaches have been clay target shooters for many years. Our coaches “volunteer” their time and expertise. No one in the organization is paid a salary.
All our coaches are:
- NRA Certified Shotgun Instructors
- Have had background checks
- Have taken the “Double Goal Coaching” course which emphasizes good ethical coaching sills. The well-being of the athlete is more important than “winning at all costs”.
No athlete ever sits on the side-lines regardless of skill level.
Membership in our group requires:
- A grade point average that would permit the athlete to play sports in school
- No drinking, smoking or foul language is tolerated.
- Regular attendance
- A desire to participate in local, state and national competitions.
- A signed Parental Consent Form, Medical Release Form, and Sportsmanship contract.
All new members will be provided:
- A Gun Safety Orientation
- One-on-One instruction with a Certified Coach
- Gun fitting & eye & ear protection
- Loaner guns if needed (loaner guns are provided until the Athlete acquires his/her own & and are not taken home by the Athlete)
- Loaner Vest and/or shell pouch
While all Athletes shoot together when practicing, they compete within their own peer group. Rookies are those Athletes in 5th grade and under. Intermediate Entry Level are those Athletes in 6th grade or those in 7th or 8th grade in their 1st year in the program. Intermediate Advanced Level are those Athletes in 7th or 8th grade and are in their 2nd or 3rd year in the program. Junior Varsity are those Athletes in 9th grade or those in 10th,11th, or 12th grade in their 1st year in the program.
Varsity are those Athletes in 10th, 11th or 12th grade and are in their 2nd or 3rd year in the program. College Division are those Athletes who have graduated and are attending College full or part-time and are under 24 years of age.
Our Group meets once a month at Clark County Shooting Complex. Our shoot year begins in September with our last meet in the early part of June. Our Christmas Party and Awards presentation is held in December.
We travel to Arizona, California and Utah to participate in inter-club shoots. Our State Competition is held in June. Our group as well as the clubs below are members of NYSSA (Nevada Youth Shooting Sports Association). We have Scholastic Youth Shooting Groups in Fallon, Elko, Reno, Yerington, Carson City and Las Vegas.
Since we are a 501 (C-3) Corporation, all members are required to participate in our fund-raiser and Parents are encourage to help at our monthly meets. Our Monthly meets are “mini” competitions with trophies awarded at our annual Christmas Party in December.
Complete rules can be found in the NYSSA Handbook
Silver State Claybreakers
339 W. Sherwood Drive
Henderson, NV 89015